Well this is pretty cool! I've been nominated for an award! Audra from joyosphere nominated me for a Liebster Award, to help discover new blogs. I have to confess, I've never heard of it, but since I am new in the blogging game then I don't really feel all that bad :) The Liebster award is for small blogs nominating other small blogs, in order to spread the bloggy goodness around Internetland. I feel pretty special that Audra nominated me so I'm gonna follow all of these instructions and play along! Here are the rules:
- Write 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked you
- Nominate 11 more small blogs
- Give 11 questions to your nominees
This will take a while... But I'm excited, so let's do this.
11 Facts About Me:
- I'm a percussionist/drummer and have been since 5th grade.
- I'm a Leo and an INFJ. It's a weird combo.
- I have really big hair.
- I also have really big feet.
- Technically, I have 5 jobs, but in my field that isn't abnormal. They are: assistant recording studio manager, private percussion instructor, adjunct faculty in a recording arts & technology department, theater tech, and small business owner.
- I want to become an interior designer.
- Sometimes I can sit and stare and not have any thoughts running through my brain whatsoever. Like, it is a totally blank slate. Nothingness. It's actually really refreshing sometimes. Other times, like when I'm trying to come up with an idea for something, it is the worst.
- I am a co-host of a nerdy podcast, Nerd Novice, where we talk about TV shows, books, movies, and comics. It is a lot of fun!
- The first cassette tape I ever listened to repeatedly was the Beach Boys Do It Again. I think I can credit that with fostering my love of music.
- I have horrible vision.
- I've been dating my boyfriend for a little over 2 1/2 years, but I've known him for 9 years. He's pretty awesome.
Man, that was hard. I am not so good at coming up with info about ME. (Ooh, that's fact #12!) Now I'll answer Audra's questions for me.
- If you had a theme song, what would it be? -- Right now, I'd have to go with the theme from Jurassic Park. For no reason other than it's awesome.
- Who or what inspired you to start blogging? -- I became a renter of a single-family home, and needed to decorate like crazy! I have always made random websites, ever since I got AOL and figured out how to use Geocities, so it seemed natural to blog about it.
- Gold or silver? -- Gold.
- What have you learned recently? -- I've learned what I want in a friend.
- Who is your favorite author? -- Kahlil Gibran, just because I love The Prophet.
- What is your favorite cereal? -- Right now I am digging on this Archer Farms/Target brand Chocolate Hazlenut Biscotti granola cereal. Gosh it's good.
- Coffee or tea? -- Coffee, every day, black, from now until the end of time.
- What is your favorite season? -- Fall. I love, love, love fall. It always seems so optimistic, even though it is signaling the approach of winter.
- You can have a half-hour conversation with any fictional character. Who do you choose? Why? -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Because she's freaking awesome, that's why, and I want to be her friend/fighting partner.
- Pushpins or Dry-Erase markers? -- Pushpins seem more Buffy-like.
- What advice would you give someone who wants to start a blog? -- I don't really have any advice, because I don't think I know what I'm doing yet! Just do it, I guess? That doesn't sound convincing. JUST DO IT!!! :-D :-D :-D
Alright, now I'm supposed to nominate 11 blogs. Unfortunately a lot of the small blogs I follow have already been nominated! So I will just choose one because I am a rule bender. The Morning's Brew is a blog by my friend Stacey McDonald. I know Stacey from college a few years back, where we were both music students together. Her blog is full of beautiful photos and life musings from her perspective as a piano teacher and life lover. Stacey, I love your blog! I'm going to be a "rule bender" again and not ask you 11 questions. Instead I will ask you this: Why did you start blogging, and what do you love most about it?
Thanks again to Audra for nominating me!